almost 2 years ago
Global Recruitment have an exciting opportunity to join our client’s team in the Finance Department as Cost Accountant. This is a key role within the Finance Team which requires a highly motivated, outstanding individual.
The responsibilities of the successful, hands on candidate will include;
- Spearhead development of cost accounting system to ensure accounting procedures and practices fully comply with company and regulatory requirements.
- Responsibility for preparing standard product costings, releasing new cost standards, reporting on variances, contribution and profit evaluation.
- Assisting with month end process and preparation of monthly board pack including P&L, B/S, cash flow forecast, investigating and explaining variances to budget figures plus monthly KPI reporting.
- Support and contribute to the budgeting process and preparation of financial forecasts.
- Conduct and evaluate investment analysis and appraisal of new projects.
- Responsible for monthly inventory evaluation and reporting.
- Completion of physical inventory counts, reporting findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Effectively manage and control all processes and procedures to ensure that existing deadlines are met.
- Working across functions within the organisation to identify cost savings and drive value into Profit & Loss.
- Develop knowledge and skills of 1 direct reports.
- Liaise closely with external auditors at specific times during each financial year.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to be a professionally qualified accountant either CIMA or ACCA and have a minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience in a manufacturing environment.
Please apply direct with your cv attached.